While the assessment of the full impact of this tragic event still is underway, we would like to inform you of the first update on the current port and vessel situation and impact on our overseas partner’s logistic operations in Japan.
- All ports south of Tokyo including Yokohama are open and operational.
- Some Terminals in Tokyo currently are closed for inspection of Terminal facilities and equipment. Port cranes had been damaged with repair works currently underway. Further information and opening date to be advised by Terminal Operators.
- The port of Sendai (Miyagi Prefecture) and other feeder out-ports in that area most affected by the tsunami / earthquake are closed until further notice.
- At this point of time we do not expect any vessel diversions, however, schedule delays are possible and we will keep you informed about any schedule changes.
- Booking acceptance for shipments from / to the port of Sendai (Miyagi Prefecture) and other ports in the affected region (Hachinohe, Ofunato, Onahama and Hitachinaka) has been suspended with immediate effect and until further notice.
- Acceptances of booking from / to all other Japanese ports serviced by our affiliates are not impacted to our best knowledge and continue as usual at this point of time.
Last but not least please be advised that our affiliates office’s are still running on a skeleton crew remotely from home in most circumstances, due to public transport disruption. All colleagues are occupied with assessing and managing the current difficult situation. For this reason they are still only able to address urgent and essential matters until further notice.