Britannia Turnbulls are celebrating a rather impressive 150th birthday this year and are due to welcome in a brand-new vehicle this September with a special addition to the livery to mark the anniversary and possibly a reference to the old green Turnbull’s vans (all yet to be confirmed). Callum Booth (Digital Marketing Manager for Britannia Turnbulls) has told HB news that they are planning a “fuddles” (It’s a Yorkshire thing!) whereby each member of staff brings in food and drink to the office one Friday lunchtime to share as a celebration of an event.
Here are some ‘Did you know’ facts about Turnbulls:
- We think we have run around half a million removals over the 150-year period, covering over 12million miles in the process.
- The founder of Turnbull’s Removals in 1867 was Mr Laurie Turnbull who was Mayor of Leeds. Turnbull’s was a sought-after company because of this with many customers choosing the company to have the Turnbull’s name outside their home.
- One of our most notable moves was when Sir Edmund Hillary trusted us to move his kit to the Himalayas during his first expedition to the summit of Mount Everest.
- We have some long serving members of staff including our office manager Fay Chapman who has spent 27 years with Turnbull’s and Martin Gardiner (pictured with the van) who is coming up to 20 years of service.
- Turnbull’s became part of the Britannia network in 2014.
Happy Birthday to Britannia Turnbulls from all of us at Britannia! We look forward to the cake