Get a No Obligation Quote Today!
Self-Storage Norfolk & Suffolk
Britannia Alan Cook offers convenient self-storage facilities in Lowestoft, Suffolk and Loddon, Norfolk. These convenient locations are also within easy reach for neighbouring towns, including Beccles, Bungay, Kessingland and Oulton Broad.
Our storage units are easily accessible, making loading and unloading a simple task. Our outdoor storage containers provide 24 hour access and our storage rooms are available during opening hours. All our self-storage is situated at ground level allowing easy access.
Storage contracts are charged by the week but are invoiced per calendar month. Any unused storage value (daily rate) will be refunded, allowing you to use our storage facilities, flexibly, for as little or long as you like.
Our specialised shipping containers are vandal-proof, tamper-free, weatherproof, and fireproof. They’re designed to ensure that your goods are kept dry, giving you extra peace of mind.
Key Features of our Self-storage facilities:
- Staff onsite during opening hours to help
- Easy access to your storage facility
- 24/7 CCTV and Redcare alarm system
- Dry and Clean containers, all containers are swept after use
- Packing materials available to be purchased on site
We can provide tamper-free padlocks on a deposit system. Alternatively, you’re more than welcome to use your own padlock, however, please note that we would require a copy of the key or code.
You can hire a storage unit in 5 simple steps:
- Complete our self-storage form and contract
- Sign direct debit mandate
- Pay for one month storage upfront and (if applicable) the key deposit
- Provide a copy of your ID (driving licence or passport)
- Provide a proof of address (Utility bill)
This process can be completed either over email or in person.
Our large self-storage facility in Lowestoft is located on Pinbush Road, which is on the industrial estate opposite Gateway Retail Park, and close to Oulton broad and Kessingland. Ample parking is provided onsite at Lowestoft, with a large forecourt ensuring easy access to your unit.
The Lowestoft facility is home to over 110 purpose-built self-storage containers and over 50 indoor storage rooms. Storage rooms vary in size from 70cuft to 1,000cuft, and storage container sizes are available in:
If you would prefer for your effects to be stored inside then our purpose-built storage rooms would be the perfect solution for you. Please note that access is only available during office opening hours and access over the weekend is strictly by appointment only.
The team are on hand to help recommend a size to suit your requirements or answer any questions that you may have.
Our Loddon self-storage facility is located on Loddon Business Park, which is close to Beccles and Bungay. The site has a large courtyard for simple access to your unit.
Loddon site has over 70 purpose-built self-storage containers and a variety of storage rooms, in a variety of sizes. Storage containers are available in 3 different sizes including:
Loddon has outdoor storage rooms available giving you access to a smaller unit 24/7. These units are available in either 250cuft or 500cuft options.
Our top tips for moving into storage:
- Ensure that you are not storing anything that contains moisture as this could lead to mould. Whitegoods such as, fridge freezers, washing machines, and dishwashers should be given a few days to dry out. If you’re concerned that there may be some moisture, perhaps try adding a moisture trap or tea bags to help draw out any unseen dampness.
- When packing your storage container, try to put heavier boxes and items at the bottom of a stack. This helps to ensure that nothing below will get crushed or cause the stack to become unstable.
- Try to declutter whilst you are packing your belongings. Less items will mean that you won’t require so much space and could potentially reduce the cost of your storage.
- If you decide to run your business from your unit, an appropriate organization system is priceless. Good organization will allow you to be able to see everything and help avoid misplacing anything. Installing racking or shelving will provide a straightforward way to organise stock or tools, and will further help to prevent damage.
- Dismantling furniture will help you to use your space efficiently. Don’t forget to clearly label where any fixtures and fittings are. You can either tape the components to a piece of the dismantled furniture or have a clearly labelled designated box.
- Anything flammable including paints, gases, and fuel are prohibited from being stored in your unit.
If you are looking for an into store removal, contact us today for a free no-obligation quotation.
Do I have to give notice to cancel?
We do not require notice to end your storage contract. Simply empty your container ensuring that it is empty and free from any rubbish. Once swept out just hand your key back to a member of our team and we will book you out of store.
How long can I rent a self-storage unit for?
Our storage is based on a month to month basis which is charged per week but invoiced per calendar month. Meaning that you can rent the unit indefinitely if you required.
Is there a minimum period which I can rent the unit?
No, you will be required to pay a month’s storage upfront however, if you choose to only rent the unit for a couple of weeks than we will refund any unused storage back to you.
How do I know what size unit I require?
No problem our friendly team are available on site or over the phone to help recommend the best storage options for you.
Can you move my items into a self-storage unit?
Of course, we can provide a competitive removal quotation into our self-storage facilities, so you are able to access all of your goods. Please note that depending on the volume of your belongings your storage unit may be packed from floor to ceiling throughout and we cannot guarantee that there will be a walkway to access everything. Speak to our team to help plan the best solution for you.